Sunday, January 9, 2011

Real-life Mod... May it Inspire You... to be MOD!!!


Mod, darlings Mod!!!!

As you can tell from my last post, I am a bit obsessed with Mod right now... Check it out!!!

Here's some REAL LIFE MOD!!!!


I have no idea who these models are. I googled "Mod" or something like that, and it came up.
You see they have many, many colors in their outfits!!!!
Look for:
-Geometric Prints (are you writing this down??? If not, you should!)
-Many, many colors!


I think this is a halloween costume, I'm not too sure.
Here's another thing to write down:
-Straight hair with bangs!!!
-Go-go boots
-Mini-dresses

You know what? I'm getting sick of telling you to write this down. Let's call these "Write this down" observations "Mo Notes"... whenever you see the term "Mo Notes," write the dang things down!!!


No idea who the models is. But I know the designer is Stella McCartney (who is amazingly-amazing!)

Mo's Notes:
-Mini-mini dresses
-Flat chests!!!


I change my mind. Maureen Starkey is. my. life.

Mo's notes:
-Minidress
-Long, tight sleeves
-Strappy shoes

PS, if you ever watched the movie Help! with the Beatles, you'd see that Ringo is pretty Mod. Yes, men were Mod, too!!

Mo's Notes:
-MEN WERE MODS TOO!!!


Ahh, Maureen Starkey again....
Looks like the dress that PattieAnneBoyd was wearing in my last post, huh?

Mo's Notes:
-Short sleeves are cool, too
-Jewelry is pretty simple
-The bun! That is an EXTREMELY MOD hairstyle (besides the long, straight hair with bangs and bobs with bangs) Every Mod woman in London circa 1966 knew how to do that hairstyle...


Pattie Boyd!!!

Mo's Notes:
-Minimalistic jacket
-Again, no chest
-Knee socks rock my socks!!!
-If you can see, she has strappy shoes...


NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL MOD!!!!
TWIGGY!!!!
Ignore the top left picture, that isn't Mod what-so-ever.
Mo's Notes:
-Observe the knee socks!!!
-Converse shoes are pretty good (not the patterened ones... they are dead grotty!!!!) (if you don't know what grotty means, it means "grotesque!!!")
-Flat-chest dresses!!!
-Sweaters
-Pixie cut.
I hope I have enlightened you all.

No comments: